In accordance with Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter the “GDPR”), this Privacy Notice (hereafter “the Notice”) explains how Samsa Film s.à r.l. collects, processes and protects Personal Data in relation with the project “A Colônia Luxemburguesa”.
1) Who Are We?
Samsa Film s.à r.l. has its official address at:
238C, rue de Luxembourg
Phone number: Tel.: (+352) 45 19 60 -1
Internet address: https://www.samsa.lu
Samsa Film has appointed a DPO, reachable during working hours.
2) Why Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Samsa Film runs the colonia.lu platform for the collection and processing of memories about the Colônia Luxemburguesa.
Personal data is processed within the Colônia Luxemburguesa project for two reasons: first of all, we collect and use the e-mail addresses of users to get in touch with them in case we have additional questions about their contributions. Furthermore, we collect contributions by our users through uploads that can take the form of text, images, videos or audio recordings.
3) Which Personal Data Do We Collect And Further Process?
The personal data processed includes:
- name, surname
- e-mail addresses
- text statements
- audio recordings
4) How Did We Collect Personal Data?
We collect the Personal Data as provided directly by the user through the platform.
5) On Which Legal Basis Do We Process Your Personal Data?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is article 6.1 a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for the processing of your personal data on the website
6) Who Are The Recipients Of Your Personal Data?
E-mail addresses, names, texts, images, videos and audio recordings will be only available to the team of Samsa Film s.àrl.
7) Do We Transfer Your Personal Data Outside Of European Union?
Your Personal Data is processed within the European Union.
8) How Long Do We Store Your Personal Data?
The Personal Data provided by you are kept for a duration of 10 years which are necessary to conduct the project and longer in the context of potential archiving to preserve them for posterity, as the resulting collection will become an important resource for future research on the Colônia Luxemburguesa.
9) What Are Your Rights With Regard To The Processing Of Your Personal Data?
According to the GDPR, you benefit notably from the following rights: right to be informed, right to access to your personal data, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict the scope of the processing, right to object, right to data portability, right to lodge a complaint.
In practice, you can exercise your rights by contacting our DPO:
By sending a request per post to:
Samsa Film s.à r.l.
À l’attention de: DPO – Exercise of Data Subject rights
238C rue de Luxembourg
10) How Can You Lodge A Complaint?
If you consider that the Processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes the GDPR, you will have the right – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
In Luxembourg, the competent authority is the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD).
Contact of the CNPD:
Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Service des réclamations
Tel. : (+352) 26 10 60 -1
Fax : (+352) 26 10 60 -29
You can also use their contact form, at: https://cnpd.public.lu/fr/support/contact.html
11) Applicable Law – Jurisdiction
The present Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Luxembourgish law.
Any dispute concerning the existence, interpretation or performance of this Notice which cannot be settled amicably, shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Courts of Luxembourg City, without prejudice to the rights of the Data Subjects to bring the matters before the court where he or she has her place of residence as well as its right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Terms of conditions
Samsa Film s.àr.l. (Samsa)
238C rue de Luxembourg
Tel.: +352 4519601
Members of the Editorial board
Editor in Chief: Bernard Michaux
Consultation of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
By consulting the pages of this site, you agree to respect these terms and conditions.
You are solely responsible for the selection, use and interpretation of the data which you consult, search and transmit on the Internet.
All the information available on the website http://colonia.lu, together with the information and documents that it contains (texts, images, photographs, etc.), is protected by intellectual property laws and by copyright legislation in all countries. You undertake to respect these intellectual property regulations and the copyright usage restrictions provided with each document without prejudice to the rights and exceptions envisaged by any binding provisions of applicable law. All rights of reproduction, public communication, adaptation, distribution or rebroadcasting via the Internet, an intranet or any other means are strictly reserved in all countries. The documents available on this website are the exclusive property of Samsa and/or of their authors or right holders. You undertake not to remove or alter the copyright notice indicating the author or the source of a document, nor to circumvent the digital rights management protection of the documents, such as restrictions on printing or downloading and visible or invisible watermarking. Any infringement may give rise to civil or criminal proceedings.
The photographs and personal documents available on the site may also be subject to the exclusive rights held by the persons photographed or by the owners of the aforementioned documents, all use being consequently subject to their prior authorisation.
The official documents are authentic solely in their original version, which may be consulted by contacting their publisher.
Content provided by the Name of Service/Faculty/Interdisciplinary Centre is not necessarily comprehensive, exhaustive, accurate or up to date. If, despite our best efforts, errors were to be found, the Name of Service/Faculty/Interdisciplinary Centre may not be held responsible. The Name of Service/Faculty/Interdisciplinary Centre would nevertheless appreciate being informed of any such errors.
Users are solely responsible for their use of material provided on the site.
Short quotations are permitted, provided that the name of the author of the quoted document and its source are cited.
Unless otherwise indicated, reproduction of texts from this site for non-commercial purposes and especially in educational situations is permitted, subject to the following three conditions being met:
- Free dissemination;
- Respect for the integrity of the reproduced documents: no modification or alteration of any kind;
- Explicit mention of the site colonia.lu as a source and statement that the rights of reproduction are reserved and limited.
Any exception to these rules shall be subject to the prior written approval of Samsa and the author/contributor of the website content.
Photographic credits: unless otherwise stated, the photographs on this website are protected by copyright and are the property of Samsa.
Content provided by Samsa is not necessarily comprehensive, exhaustive, accurate or up to date. If, despite our best efforts, errors were to be found, Samsa may not be held responsible. Samsa would nevertheless appreciate being informed of any such errors.
Policy regarding links
Links to external websites or other sources do not constitute a recommendation or guarantee on the part of Samsa regarding their content, which remains the exclusive responsibility of their authors.
Samsa is happy to authorise any website (source site) to insert, for non-commercial purposes, a hyperlink to the home page of the site colonia.lu or to one of its inner pages (sites or target pages), provided that:
- the source site does not disseminate information of a political, religious, pornographic or xenophobic nature or which might offend the sensibilities of others;
- the target page of the site colonia.lu does not launch in a frame as part of the source site but in a new window.
Samsa reserves the right to refuse this permission.
Samsa would appreciate being informed by email (email@example.com) of the creation of any links to the site colonia.lu.
Your personal data and our website
The data collected on our site stem exclusively from personal information provided on a voluntary basis, for example when you contribute an item to the digital archive collection.
It will not be shared with any organisation - commercial or otherwise excepted in case of external consultancy in relation with the website. In such cases appropriate measures will be implemented.
We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
We put in place measures to ensure that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter “GDPR”).
Our purpose is the management of public relations (management of contacts and public relations, social and professional for the organisation).
According to the GDPR you have a right to access, rectify, erase, object to or restrict the processing related to your personal data. You can exercise your rights by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it.
However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
The legal basis for processing personal data by using session cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 point f) GDPR (legitimate interest). Without the use of the session cookies especially, several functions could not be offered on our website.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on the visitor’s computer or mobile device.
The information on this page lists the cookies that this website uses and describes their purpose. You will also find some more detail here about cookies relating to our social media channels and Google Analytics, the service we use for our statistics.
Social media cookies
Samsa is active on the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These communities strengthen our online presence and visibility.
- The colonia.lu website does not set cookies with the display of links to our social media channels when you are browsing our website.
- By clicking on the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter button on our website, you will be redirected to those websites, which have their own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control.
The colonia.lu website is using session cookies to ensure the correct usage of the website. Cookies used are deleted after the session.
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer and are not deleted automatically when you close your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you close your browser.
- Google Analytics is a service which monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the colonia.lu website.
- This platform enables the protection of end-user personal data thanks to features such as IP address de-identification and a mechanism for users to opt-out so that their browsing is not processed for analytics purposes.
- Google provides information about the cookies used by Google Analytics.
- The cookies used by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google Analytics is configured to use the domain “colonia.lu” and to store first-party cookies that expire after 2 years.
Cookies are used by colonia.lu to track the following information about visitors. We use this information to prepare aggregated, anonymous statistics reports of visitor activity:
- IP address (masked)
- Location: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude (Geolocation)
- Date and time of the request (visit to the site)
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution of user's device
- Time in local visitor's time-zone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (Download)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the visitor: Page speed)
- Main language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header)
- Browser version, browser plugins (PDF, Flash, Java, …) operating system version, device identifier (User-Agent header)
- Language of the visited page
- Site Search
Do not track preferences
Do not track is a function that allows visitors to opt out from being tracked by websites for any purpose including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms. Do not track options are available in a number of browsers including:
- If you enable do not track in your web browser, Google Analytics will respect your choice;
- If you have enabled the do not track function, you will not be tracked. This is in addition to your opting-out of the aggregation and analysis of data for our website statistics;
- If you have not enabled the do not track option but you choose to opt-out, the cookie ‘ga-disable-UA’ will be stored in your browser. All visitors with a ga-disable-UA cookie will not be tracked by Google Analytics;
- If you have disabled all cookies from your browser, we will still collect some general data about your browsing (e.g. a record of a visitor to our website) but they will be less accurate and your visit will not be tracked.
Restricted access to information
All analytics data communication is encrypted via HTTPS protocol. The analytical reports generated can only be accessed through by authorised Samsa staff dealing with Google Analytics or by duly authorised external sub-contractors, who may be required to analyse, develop and/or regularly maintain certain websites.
Masking of IP addresses
Note: Institution, city and country origin are determined from the full IP, then stored and aggregated before a mask is applied. Google Analytics uses an IP de-identification mechanism that automatically masks a portion of each visitor's IP (Internet Protocol), effectively making it impossible to identify a particular visitor via the sole IP address.
Google Analytics automatically deletes visitors' logs after 25 months. Anonymised and aggregated data are stored for an indefinite period by the Samsa for analysis purposes.
Specific questions about the storage and use of Google Analytics data by Samsa can be sent to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction
Luxembourg law is applicable and the courts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute regarding this site.